Sunday, June 8, 2014

Cress by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #3)


Okay, I read this book in literally a day... Come to find out... I HAVE TO WAIT A WHOLE YEAR FOR THE NEXT ONE TO COME OUT! What is this nonsense??? Cress lived up to every one of my expectations and even exceeded them. I flew through the book and was in love with all of the characters at the end. I found this meme online and thought it was entirely appropriate: 


I'm just stunned. Ms. Meyer does a wonderful job of giving each of the characters their own personality and really taking the time to develop the characters and have you grow to love all of them. When reading the different chapters, narrated by the different characters, it is very easy to tell the "narration styles" apart and I think this is what makes the book so great. All of the characters have their chance to narrate the story and share what they are thinking. I am in love with Cress and Captain Thorne. I love that Cress seems like a damsel in distress at times, but then can totally take care of herself. I was really nervous at the *SPOILER ALERT!* card table part, where Cress saw Thorne with the other girl, but in all reality, he was just betting for a new body for Iko! Swoooon. *END SPOILER* I want Kai and Cinder to be together so bad it hurts. Queen Levana is more evil than ever and it's amazing. I can't wait to read more about her and her stepdaughter, who I'm assuming will be Winter in the fourth book. I've read some things that are suggesting that Winter will be a take on Snow White. I'm excited to see where this will go, since the stepdaughter is locked away in a tower and is going a little "crazy" talking about the bleeding walls? Ahh, I just can't wait for the next one. Marissa Meyer, why are you doing this to us! Can it just be 2015 already???



Here it is at Barnes & Noble and on Amazon
(You may want to wait to buy them all and read them when Winter comes out in 2015, because you will be in agony waiting for Winter if you read them all now! ;) Consider yourself warned!)

Copyright, Marissa Meyer, 2014


Quick review: 
Title: Cress (Lunar Chronicles #3)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 550 (hardcover) again, long but absolutely, uncontrollably worth every minute of reading!
Recommended for: Any and everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment