Saturday, June 7, 2014

Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #2)


Let me just start out by saying, Marissa Meyer, we have a love/hate relationship now. (Okay, you're right, a love/hate relationship that she doesn't even know about..) I don't understand how you can wrap one story up, yet still leave me wanting more and begging for the next book. I finished Scarlet and this is exactly how I felt.

Things I loved about the book:
Ms. Meyer was able to introduce new characters, yet keep up with Cinder and Iko, then find a way to bring Scarlet and Wolf together with Cinder and Iko towards a common cause. I think this was fantastic, and I never found myself confused or not understanding what was going on with what characters. Ms. Meyer was also able to add in another badass female character without her really overshadowing Cinder and had them work together flawlessly. While Cinder and Scarlet did not always get along, I think that they still worked as a duo, trying to achieve a common goal, but each for different reasons.

I also really enjoyed that Cinder was getting used to her Lunar capabilities and was starting to learn how to use and control them. I wish that Prince Kai was seen more in this book, and I really want him and Cinder to work things out and be together already! We alllll know it's bound to happen.  I did enjoy seeing more of Queen Levana and her evil ways and dealing with Prince Kai. Even though we didn't see much of Kai, Ms. Meyer gave us a new male character to swoon over, Wolf. He is just so handsome and mysterious and so into Scarlet, I can't even. I think this is me right now:



No, but seriously. I love him. And I can't wait to see what Ms. Meyer does with him and Scarlet. They are just too cute. As my boyfriend would say, "Wolf is the strong, handsome character who is really sensitive and sweet on the inside, but he only shows that side to the girl that he falls for." I know, I know. I found myself quite the romantic. ;) He's still a keeper. 

Anyway, back to Scarlet.. I can't wait to read the next one and see how their journey continues together and incorporates the next person "Cress." Even though, as soon as the girl on the spaceship was introduced, I figured she was going to be Cress with her long, flowing, Rapunzel-like locks. 

Go out and buy these books and read them! If you want to see what I have to say about Cinder first, click here. Or, to save yourself some agony, wait until all 4 books are out and then get them. Save yourself some pain. 

Here's the book at Barnes & Noble and on Amazon.


Copyright, Marissa Meyer, 2014
Quick Review: 
Title: Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Pages: 452 (hardcover) long, but SO WORTH IT!
Recommended for: Anyone! It's so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment